Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Summer is Just Around the Corner


Born and raised in southern California, I’ve never really experienced a true winter. (Although, some may argue that I still have yet to experience one, seeing as it doesn’t snow in Florence.)

For the first time in my life, I lived in a place where it was consistently cold for months on end. I had to dress in layers upon layers of heavy jackets, sweaters, and scarves daily. Anyone who knows me can attest to the fact that I am most comfortable in shorts & a tank top, living as close to the beach as I can afford. Never have my legs gone so long without feeling the warm rays of the sun. In fact, when I went to Greece, I noticed that for the first time, I had entirely lost all traces of tan lines.

But now, it’s getting warmer. I can wear skirts, dresses, sandals, and the like. Everything seems more alive when the sun is shining. People are friendlier, happier. Italians and tourists alike sit out in the piazzas enjoying espresso or a glass of wine. Musicians fill the streets and vendors materialize everywhere. The city is coming to life before my very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment