Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chocolate Festival! (oh, and classes have begun.)


I’ve been swept up in life in Florence for the past week, so it’s been a while since my last post. But I’m back now!

After the first day of classes, we had a welcome dinner in a palace! The dinner wasn’t much to write about, but the palace was beautifully decorated and a wonderful way to be welcomed to a semester in Florence.

Now, I’ve nearly finished my second week of school. So far, so good!

I’m taking Intro to Italian with from an Italian teacher. She’s fairly lenient and more focused on getting us practical Italian skills for getting around. So far, half the lesson is a normal intro-style class; half is focused on “Italian for survival.”

I’m also talking a class on the European Union with a German professor who speaks English with an accent I can’t really place. He almost sounds a bit Irish, but not quite. That’s beside the point though.

My Renaissance Culture and Civilization class is by far my favorite! It’s taught by this adorable old Florentine professor who seems to be extremely affected by caffeine and absolutely obsessed with Machiavelli.

Lastly, my Backgrounds of Western Lit class is uneventful. Taught by an American professor, so it’s essentially the same class structure I’d have back home.

 

Besides school, I’ve been enjoying exploring Florence. Even getting lost wondering around town is fun! Today, I went to pick up mail between classes and took a wrong turn on my way back and ended up at a chocolate festival. I think it may be the best mistake of my life! I suddenly found myself in a maze of delicious chocolate in every form a girl could wish for, even in shoe-form! Needless to say, I've stocked up on all the chocolate I'll need for a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment